FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this festival for me?
How much do tickets cost?
What are my lodging choices?
Lodges: We have two main lodges in camp; the Women’s Loo Lodge and the Men’s Woods Lodge. Our cozy, heated cabins are bunkhouse-style with bunk beds. There are attached restrooms with shower facilities. (Most comfortable choice)
Cabins: We have several heated cabins. The cabins are bunkhouse-style with bunk beds. The restroom and shower facilities are just a short walk away.
Tent Platforms: For those who enjoy that rustic feel, we also have nine tent platforms available for use. The restroom and shower facilities are just a short walk away. Like the Lodges and Cabins, this includes electric outlets.
Pitch A Tent: We have a limited amount of spots for those who want to pitch their own test. This will be your lowest priced ticket option.
Prices include 4 days of comfortable lodging + 9 meals + amazing workshops and live music!
Is this only for cis-gendered Men and Women?
Arrival & Departure Times
Address & Driving Directions
Camp Shady Brook
8716 South Y Camp Road
Deckers, CO 80135.
From Colorado Springs:
1. Take Highway 24 west to Woodland Park
2. At Woodland Park, take Highway 67 North (right) towards Deckers
3. Stay on Highway 67 North for approximately 23 miles
4. At Deckers, take a hard left onto Y Camp Road (this is a dirt road)
5. Go 2 miles into the camp parking lot
6. Approximate driving time is 70 minutes from Colorado Springs
1. Take Highway 285 West to Route 126 at Pine Junction
2. Turn South (left) onto Hwy 126 / S. Pine Valley Road towards Deckers
3. Stay on Highway 126 for approximately 25 miles
4. In Deckers take a hard right onto Y Camp Road (this is a dirt road)
5. Go 2 miles into the camp parking lot
6. Approximate driving time from downtown Denver is 90 minutes
Camp Shady Brook is at a dead end 2 miles down S Y Camp Road. You can’t miss it!
Parking & Transportation Options
Where can I see the Festival Map?
What will the food be?
Food will be served Buffet style at 8:30 a.m, 1 pm, and 6:15 pm.
We have fresh fruit available at breakfast, a salad bar at lunch and dinner and, of course, dessert after dinner. We are able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and will have vegetarian options in each meal.
• Camp Shady Brook is a rustic and adventurous place, so please bring old clothing and items that are suitable for the outdoors.
• Luggage should be compact and easy to carry so you can get it to your cabin (up rocky terrain) with ease.
• Labeling your items is a great idea, especially if you are part of a large group. Please be responsible for your personal property and remember to check our Lost and Found before you depart camp. Items found after your departure will be taken to our association office located at: 207 N Nevada Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903. They will be held for 2 weeks after your departure and any unclaimed items after that time will be donated to Goodwill.
Dragonfly Festival and Camp Shady Brook are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property. We kindly ask you to leave expensive things at home.
Suggested packing list for camp:
• Water bottle (ESSENTIAL)
• Bedsheets, Pillow, and Covers (ESSENTIAL)
• Sleeping bag
• Comfortable yoga / dance clothes
• Long pants
• Pairs of shorts
• A great attitude
• Long sleeve shirts
• Rain Jacket
• Short sleeve shirts
• Closed-toe shoes
• Soap in soap box
• Headlamp or Flashlight/batteries
• Toothbrush and paste
• Towel, washcloth, & soap
• Light jacket or heavy sweater
• Feminine products if necessary
• Hat, gloves, and coat
• Sandals with ankle strap or water shoes (to be used in the water)
How is your staff trained?
All staff go through a rigorous interview process with our administrative team, a contact of three references, U.S. and state criminal background checks and fingerprinting. All staff are CPR/First Aid/AED and O2 certified. Waterfront staff have lifeguard certifications, and all other skilled area directors have certifications in their respective areas. Festival staff is trained in non-violent communication.
Is there phone service?
There is no cell service at camp, allowing our visitors to truly plug into nature!
Camp does have land lines for emergency use. For other questions or to reach one of our camp staff, please call 303.647.2313
What is your refund policy?
We understand that life happens and want to support you while still keeping the festival sustainble.
30 days or more before the festival – 75% refund
7- 30 days before the festival – 50% refund
To do so, please login to your Eventbrite account, find the ticket, and click on Request a Refund.
We also encourage you to try to sell your Eventbrite ticket instead.
All you have to do is login to the page and change the ticket information after your sale.
Can I make money telling people about your festival?
Who are the facilitators/teachers?
WIN A FREE TICKET